Arts & Sciences Council
Committee on Faculty Research
The Committee on Faculty Research has two responsibilities:
a) It shall administer funds made available to the Committee each year by the Dean of Arts & Sciences and the Committee will allocate these funds by awarding grants for research, for conferences hosted by Duke University, and for conference travel expenses incurred by members of the faculty of Arts & Sciences, and
b) it shall address larger issues of research that are important for Arts & Sciences faculty.
Two faculty from each division (Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities) plus a faculty Chair (at large).
Overview of Programs
(More details provided on each application form)
|Programs||Brief Overview||Eligibility||Due Dates||Forms||Review Procedure|
- Limited number available
- Priority will be given to faculty who did not receive a grant during the previous year.
- Maximum $5,000 per grants
All faculty in departments or programs in Arts & Sciences are eligible to apply, whether regular rank or non-regular rank. For clarity the qualifying titles of regular rank and non-regular rank faculty are to be found at http://admin.trinity.duke.edu/faculty-affairs/appointment-titles. Owing to budgetary constraints, emeritus faculty are not eligible for research grants at this time. Postdoctoral fellows also are not eligible.
5 pm deadline
Awards will be announced in late April.
1) Rated by subcommittee in division.
2) Then reviewed by the full committee.
- To present at conferences
- Not session chairing
- No more than two per fiscal year (7/1-6/30)
- Total no more than $1,000 per fiscal year
- No distinction between foreign & domestic travel
- All faculty in departments or programs in Arts & Sciences are eligible to apply, whether regular rank or non-regular rank or Emeritus.
- NOTE: Faculty with a research fund and/or start-up account in excess of $4,000 are not eligible.
|Please apply at least one week before conference date.||
Download form, complete and "save as" before returning.
1) Reviewed by Council staff
2) Then reviewed by Committee chair
For additional information contact:
- Committee Chair, Richard Kay firstname.lastname@example.org 919-684-2143
- Committee Staff, Angela Latta email@example.com 919-668-2728
- Research Grants 2016-17
- Research Grants 2015-16
- Research Grants 2014-15
- Research Grants 2013-14
- Research Grants 2012-2013
- Research Grants 2011-2012
- Research Grants 2008-2009