Students - Course Evaluations
Your Feedback is Important
Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in courses eligible for evaluation can do course evaluations online through DukeHub (http://dukehub.duke.edu/). Your professor will explain the process and encourage you to participate. This process covers courses taught in Trinity College departments and programs, the Marine Lab, Study Abroad (global Education) and Nicholas School for the Environment graduate level courses eligible for evaluation. Your feedback is important and contributes to the ongoing improvement of educational programs.
Confidentiality: Any information you submit via the online form is confidential. Data are reported in the aggregate only, and no personally identifying information will be released. Faculty will not see evaluation results until after grades are submitted.
Improve our Process: If you would like to share feedback or ideas about the course evaluation process, you are welcome to write to the Office of Assessment - Trinity College, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest and participation.
Online Course Evaluation Forms
If possible, please use Internet Explorer or Firefox as your web browser. The course evaluation tool also has been tested in Chrome and Safari.
- Log-in to DukeHub (dukehub.duke.edu) using your Duke NetID and passcode.
You will see your usual Student Center homepage, with the addition of an “Evaluations” column in your schedule. You will not see links to the evaluation forms until the evaluation periods open. Each eligible course has its own link, and its own evaluation form.
- Click on the Evaluation icon (see image below) to begin the evaluation process. A course evaluation form will open up.
- Modes of Inquiry Assessment section - On Page 6, the form will ask you to assess your progress towards the Modes of Inquiry learning outcomes anticipated for your class. Put another way, completion of this course may grant you credit toward one or more Modes of Inquiry as part of the Trinity College graduation requirements. The evaluation form collects information from you and your classmates about the degree to which you learned key concepts and competencies pertaining to the relevant Modes of Inquiry.
Note: For more information about the Trinity College graduation requirements, see http://trinity.duke.edu/undergraduate/academic-policies/curriculum.
- On Page 7 (see image below), your evaluation is nearly complete. Click on Next to proceed to a Confirmation page.
- Review your evaluation and confirm responses. The Confirmation page (aka, the Summary page) itemizes your responses to the entire evaluation form. The Edit tool on the right side of the screen will bring you back to the questionnaire, if you wish to make any changes. If you are finished with the form, you must click Confirm Responses at the bottom of the Summary page.
Note: Once you’ve selected Confirm Responses, your submission is complete and cannot be reopened or edited. The Student Center view will update to “Complete.” If you select Save at any point in the evaluation process, your selections will be stored and you can return to the questionnaire any time before the final deadline (see above).
For help accessing the Student Evaluation Form in DukeHub, please contact the OIT Help Desk at 919-684-2200, option 2.
View Course Evaluation Results
Members of the Duke community with a valid NetID may access the Student Accessible Course Evaluation System (SACES) reports to view the course evaluation results for select courses. Access to individual courses is available through the Duke course search. To browse all available Trinity and Pratt course evaluation data follow the link here: https://tableau.oit.duke.edu/#/site/Student/views/SACES/All_courses?:iid=3
- Because the SACES reports sit behind Duke’s IT firewall, users must be on the Duke network or logged in via VPN (https://oit.duke.edu/net-security/network/remote/vpn/).
- Instructors who chose not to opt-in to the SACES system will not appear in these tables.