Office of Communications
The Office of Communications offers a range of support to the faculty and staff of Trinity College of Arts & Sciences. We work to comply with the standards set in Duke's Style Guide while helping departments and programs develop distinctive communications products.
Major Areas of Oversight
- Internal Communications - consulting with Duke administration, faculty, and staff, to help address their communications needs
- Promotional and recruiting strategies for the college, departments, programs, and centers
- Management of Trinity College of Arts & Sciences style-guide standards
- Content strategy for the web, including content development and content audits
- Website design and development in coordination with Trinity Technology Services
- Project management of approved vendors (i.e. photography, video, print publications, and graphic design)
Communications across the school's departments and programs are handled by a range of invidivuals. A list served has been established for this group: email@example.com. If you need to be added to this group, please contact Deborah Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we encourage this group to share their best practices and templates through this list serve, and by posting resources to a shared box account.
Outreach and promotion of Trinity College of Arts & Sciences research and educational accomplishments is handled by Duke's Office of News & Communications. Skilled media professionals are assigned to specific beats within the college, aligned with their professional background and training. Review the ONC roster to find out who is working your beat.
State and Federal Government Interactions
The Office of Federal Relations represents the university in Washington, D.C. on legislative and regulatory matters of interest to Duke.The office also serves as a resource to the faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends of Duke, and can provide insight into federal funding plans, tax changes, etc. In addition, the office can assist faculty invited to present testimony or technical information to government officials. The Office of Public Affairs and Government Relations is responsible for state and local government affairs.
To make an appointment with Deborah Hill, Associate Dean for Communications, please contact Whanessa Choates (919-660-3202 or email@example.com) to schedule a meeting time. You may also email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.