Policy on Posting FlyersLast updated: June 23, 2016
- Posters announcing both on-campus and off-campus events must be removed within 24 hours of the conclusion of the event. Bills announcing an ongoing service may not be posted for more than one term.
- No materials may be posted on building exteriors, including doors.
- No materials may be posted in building administrative areas except as permitted by the relevant office.
- Cellophane tape and damaging adhesives are prohibited.
- Chalking is prohibited on inside areas, doors, walls, and stone areas.
- Individuals and groups posting materials are responsible for damages and repairs.
- Arts & Sciences Facilities will periodically inspect and remove posted materials that are undesirable, outdated, or otherwise not compliant with these guidelines.
- Duke University and Duke Health System has a “no soliciting” policy; this includes printed advertisements.
- Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines will result in a charge to the individuals or groups for the cost damages resulting from improper poster placement or for poster removal.
To see a complete listing of policies see A-Z Student Conduct policy list: