Reserve A&S Space - Non-Credit Use – Summer SessionsLast updated: November 2, 2016
This policy covers the process for reserving classroom or teaching laboratory space not needed for Trinity College undergraduate and graduate programs or Continuing Studies programs during the summer months. Access to such academic spaces is administered by the Director of Summer Sessions in collaboration with the Trinity College of Arts & Sciences Office of Facilities.
The demand for summer enrichment program space in particular now exceeds available facility space. Non-Trinity programs and units who have used our facilities in the past cannot be guaranteed space in the future. First priority will be given to TCA&S academic needs: Summer Session, Continuing Studies, Trinity College Camps. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many programs as is feasible.
Program Managers requesting space are responsible for compliance with Duke's Policy for Minors in University Programs, and Duke Occupational and Environmental Safety requirements for laboratory access.
The Director of Summer Sessions must review and approve all requests for TCA&S space for the summer months. The reservation process requires two parts: First, submit an online request to have the activity reviewed by the Director of Summer Sessions. If the activity is approved, Robin.Harris@duke.edu will send you an email to indicate your request has been approved. This email may contain additional question to assist Robin’s team to schedule suitable spaces for your group. You will receive an email confirmation. It is your responsibility to review and check the confirmation for accuracy and to notify Robin within 10 business days with questions or to request any changes.
Summer space reservation requests will not be processed until all academic classes and continuing studies courses have been assigned space. Reservations are processed after March 1st for summer session.
Request a Space Reservation
- Complete the online Summer Months Space Request form.
- A Duke NetID is required to access the form.
- Your request will be reviewed by the Director of Summer Sessions and the TCA&S Office of Facilities. You may be contacted for additional information.
- You may be required to review and comply with the following policies:
- Policy for Minors in Duke University Programs (https://forms.hr.duke.edu/minors/). You must register the program with Corporate risk Management. The Program Manager is responsible for identifying all staff, and obtaining a background check for all staff, and that staff members complete online training prior to interacting with minors.
- Lab Access - Duke Occupational and Environmental Safety Office Lab Safety Training
- A decision on your request will be emailed by Robin Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org, the TCA&S Scheduler in the Office of Facilities.
- You will then be asked to submit a 25Live form to formally request specific rooms. That request will be processed and approved by the TCA&S Scheduler.
- For audiovisual support: Plan to schedule media 48 hours in advance of your event by contacting email@example.com, or call 919-660-3088. Requesters are responsible for arranging AV support with Trinity Technology Services.
- Arrange for afterhours building access: If your event will occur after regular building hours and the majority of your attendees do not have a Duke ID, you will need to arrange for building exterior door access. Plan to schedule access at least 3 business days prior to the start of the event by emailing Robin Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Housekeeping: Call 919-382-4515 at least 48 hours prior to your event to arrange for Housekeeping Services for events that provide food, or to request clean up before/after an event.