Search AdvertisementsLast updated: July 30, 2014
Advertisements for Open Positions
Position advertisements, to be submitted to the Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs for approval, should contain at least seven items:
- name of department, specifying the position is at Duke University and that Duke is located in Durham, NC (the latter is *critical* for visa purposes)
- a clear indication of the position's rank and tenure-track status,
- the appointment's beginning date,
- a description of field and duties,
- items required in the application,
- the address to which the application should be sent,
- an application deadline date phrased as below, and
- an EEO/AAE statement, worded as below.
Here is a sample advertisement:
The Department of Cultural Anthropology at Duke University in Durham, NC invites applications and nominations for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level to begin July 2012. Candidates must combine promise of theoretical contributions in their field with a commitment to empirical research and teaching. Send vitae and names of references to Chair of the Search Committee, Department of Cultural Anthropology, Duke University, Box 90091, Durham NC 27708-0091. Applications received by December 1 will be guaranteed consideration. Duke University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.