Faculty Success Program Sponsorships
2017/18 Call for Applications
The Office of the Dean is pleased to again announce the availability of funding for faculty to participate in a signature program of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity: the Faculty Success Program. Duke has an institutional membership in the NCFDD that gives faculty access to a wide range of resources and programs in addition to the Faculty Success Program. Visit the Office of Faculty Advancement site to unlock your individual membership: http://advancefaculty.duke.edu/mentoring/ncfdd
About the Program
The Faculty Success Program is a 12-week Bootcamp where you will learn to:
- Understand the common time challenges scholars face in balancing research, teaching, and service with home life
- Avoid the most common time management mistakes faculty make
- Develop a consistent daily writing routine to increase research productivity
- Learn why and how to align work time with institutional priorities, personal values, and long-term goals
- Develop a network of support and accountability for academic writing
- Create a local network of mentors for long-term success
For more details: https://www.facultydiversity.org/fsp-bootcamp
There will be three sessions in 2018:
- Spring: January 21 – April 14, registration deadline December 1
- Summer: June – August 2018, registration occurring in April 2018
- Fall: August-November 2018, registration occurring in July 2018
Limited Number of Sponsorships Available
Tuition for the Faculty Success Program is $3,950. To encourage broad participation, the Dean’s Office will provide full tuition for two faculty members from each division (6 faculty members total) in 2018. Participants will be chosen through a competitive internal selection process managed by the A&S Council Faculty Council.
To be considered for funding for the 2018 sessions, please submit the following materials to Kacey Hammel (email@example.com) by November 17, 2017:
- Your CV
- A brief statement (one page maximum) of what you expect to achieve through your participation in this program
- The session you would like to participate: Spring, Summer or Fall 2018.
Applicants will be notified of the internal selection decision by November 24, 2017.