Finance & Administration
G/L Accounts - Faculty and StaffLast updated: June 23, 2016
A faculty or staff member's cost distribution should include one or more cost objects and G/L accounts that reflect how salary expense is assigned and work effort is represented. A combination of factors determines the use of G/L accounts including the nature of the individual's appointment and the type of work performed.
1. Determine the nature of the individual's appointment from the following:
- Regular rank, tenure/tenure track faculty
- Regular rank, non-tenure track faculty
- Non-regular, non-tenure track faculty
- Monthly Staff
- Graduate/professional student
2. Confirm the nature of the work performed from the listing below:
- Sponsored research
- Cost sharing
- Administrative duties
3. Choose the appropriate G/L accounts.
DOWNLOAD: G/L Account Sheet