Resources for PIsLast updated: June 23, 2016
Office of Research Support (ORS)
- Grant Writing Resources (https://ors.duke.edu/orsmanual/proposal-writing-guides)
- Facilities and Shared Resources Write-ups (https://ors.duke.edu/resources)
- Writing Data Management Plans (http://library.duke.edu/data/guides/data-management/)
ORS maintains a list of current funding opportunities from multiple sources, both Federal and Foundation. You can subscribe to this list here: https://researchfunding.duke.edu/subscribe.asp. Email updates are sent each Monday morning.
Duke maintains a license to the Community of Science (COS) PIVOT tool, a database that researchers, research development staff, and administrators can use to identify sources of funding, funding opportunities, and potential internal and external collaborators
- Pivot Cheat Sheet – How to use Pivot to find funding opportunities
For one-on-one and group Pivot training, please email ORS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundation Relations provides support for PIs interested in applying to private foundations for funding. Many of these calls are limited opportunities that have restrictions, so please work with the Foundation Relations team if you have questions.
- Vera Luck supports Natural Sciences faculty in Foundation Relations. Please contact her for support on any Foundations-related questions at email@example.com.
- Foundation Directory Online allows PIs to search for Foundation funding opportunities. This database is accessible with your Duke NetID and password.