Resources for PIsLast updated: September 27, 2017
Office of Research Support (ORS)
- Grant Writing Resources (https://ors.duke.edu/orsmanual/proposal-writing-guides)
- Facilities and Shared Resources Write-ups (https://ors.duke.edu/resources)
- Writing Data Management Plans (http://library.duke.edu/data/guides/data-management/)
ORS maintains a list of current funding opportunities from multiple sources, both Federal and Foundation. You can subscribe to this list here: https://researchfunding.duke.edu/subscribe.asp. Email updates are sent each Monday morning.
Duke maintains a license to the Community of Science (COS) PIVOT tool, a database that researchers, research development staff, and administrators can use to identify sources of funding, funding opportunities, and potential internal and external collaborators
- Pivot Cheat Sheet – How to use Pivot to find funding opportunities
For one-on-one and group Pivot training, please email ORS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundation Relations connects faculty with foundation funders. Visit their website for information on the foundation process, FAQs, helpful guides, and more. Many foundation calls are limited opportunities that have restrictions, so please work with the Foundation Relations team if you have questions about foundation funding.
- Vera Luck leads the support team for Natural Sciences faculty in Foundation Relations. Please contact her for support on any Foundations-related questions at email@example.com.
- Foundation Directory Online allows PIs to search for Foundation funding opportunities. This database is accessible with your Duke NetID and password.