Add a Photo to a Page
- Log in to your site
- Click the “Edit” tab
- Put your cursor in the Body field where you’d like the photo to be placed (for example, if you want it aligned with the first paragraph, put your cursor before the first word in the paragraph and click)
- Click the Image icon in the tool bar (on the top row). An “Image Properties” pop-up window will appear.
- Click the “Browse Server” button to locate the photo you want to insert. This takes you a window that shows all the files you’ve already loaded onto the site. You may select one of these, or upload a different image. (If you are using one already in the system, skip Step 6.)
- To upload a different image, click “Upload” in the upper left corner. In the “File” pop-up that appears, click “Choose File”. This takes you to the files on your computer.
- Find the image you want to upload, click on it, then click “Open”. You will see the file name in the small “File” pop-up window.
- Click “Upload” and the file is now available for use on your page.
- Double click the file and the “Image Properties” window will have it listed in the “URL” field and give a numeric “Width” and “Height” determination. This is a pre-set based on the actual size of your image. It is rare that you will use these dimensions on your site.
- Select a “Width” or “Height” for the photo, the other dimension will automatically set based on the photo shape. (Note, you may want to start with a size, such as “Width” 300 and adjust it later to fit your page.)
- Select the alignment for the photo — whether you want it before the text begins (at left) or aligned with text but on the far right (at right)
- Check the “Captioned image” box if you want to have a cutline/descriptor under the photo
- Click “OK” and the photo will appear in the Body text box
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page to see how the photo will appear to your site visitors
If, after you review your page, you decide you want to adjust the photo:
- Simply go back into “Edit”
- Right-click on the photo, and select "image Properties".
- You can adjust the size, placement, caption and alt text of your photo, then click "OK"
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page