Adding a tab to a Quicktab instance
When adding a tab to a quicktab instance, the first step is to create the content that will appear in the new tab, in most cases a new 'Basic page' node. After you create the node, you can create a new tab and assign the proper node to display in that tab. Here are the steps to do so:
Creating the content
- Log in to your site
- Create a new 'Basic page' node by selecting 'Content > Add content > Basic page' from the admin toolbar.
- Provide a title and add the contents to the 'Body' field, then click 'Save'.
- One you save the node, hover over or click the 'Edit' tab to determine its Node ID. The edit URL (web address) will look like https://department.duke.edu/node/<NODE-ID>/edit where <NODE-ID> is a number that represents the Node ID - make a note of this number.
Add a new tab and assign the new node to that tab
- Assuming you are still logged in, navigate to the page where the quicktab instance exists that you wish to modify.
- Hover over the tabs and you will see a gear icon appear above the existing tabs; click this gear and select "Edit quicktab".
- At the bottom of the quick tab editing interface, click 'Add tab'
- Enter the 'Tab title' in the first text field, select the 'node' radio button, then enter the Node ID from step 4 above in the 'Node' text field.
- Lastly, click 'Save'.
If you do not see the gear icon when hovering over quicktabs, make sure you are logged in. If you are logged in and do not see the gear icon, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in modifying the editing permissions on your site.