The Office of Faculty Affairs oversees regular rank faculty searches, the formal appointment, reappointment, promotion, and tenure processes, leaves, the distinguished professor selection process, the selection of department chairs, and Trinity College of Arts & Sciences adherence to university policies regarding faculty. See also the Provost's Office of Faculty Affairs guidelines for appointments, promotion, and tenure. Regular rank faculty include both tenure and non-tenure track faculty.
Overview of Policies & Procedures
- Department Administration: bylaw template, office space policy, voting eligibility
- Faculty Leaves: sabbaticals, competitive dean's leaves, applications and leave supplement policy
- Faculty Reviews: dossier templates, teaching summary guidelines
- Faculty Hiring: appropriate titles, appointment letter samples, relocation policy, book subsidies as part of offer
- Searches: joint search protocols, search committee procedures, example advertisements, and communications protocols