Faculty Affairs

Non-Regular Rank Union Faculty


Non-regular rank union faculty may work either full- or part-time, and employment can range from teaching a single course for a semester to multi year teaching-for-credit appointments. Faculty members in this employment category do not have a primary affiliation with another university or college. Trinity's Office of Faculty Affairs is NOT engaged with non-regular rank union faculty appointments and cannot answer questions on such matters. Appointments are made at the department or program level under the oversight of Trinity's Office of Finance & Administration. 

Your Faculty Union

Non-regular rank faculty members in the bargaining unit are represented by a union administered through the Workers United Southern Region, Service Employees International Union Local, CLC/CTW. Employment and benefits are standardized through a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The CBA governs non-regular rank faculty in Trinity College departments and programs, the Graduate School, and Health, Wellness and Physical Education (HWPE). The three-year Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) will be in force from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020.

* Union Faculty members should direct questions to their Bargaining Unit Representative or union staff. *

Union Contract