NIH GuideLast updated: June 23, 2016
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Online Guidance, Forms & Reporting Tools
- NIH Overview of Grants & Funding (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/grants_process.htm)
- NIH PHS398 General Instructions for SF424 Applications (/sites/admin.trinity.duke.edu/files/NIH_Guide_general-forms-d.pdf)
- NIH Funding Vehicles (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/funding_program.htm)
- NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT) (http://report.nih.gov/)
- NIH 2015 Extramural Research Funding Databook and Reports (http://report.nih.gov/nihdatabook/index.aspx)
NIH Submission Guide: This helpful guide takes you through the process of crafting a compelling idea, running it by an NIH Program Officer, getting feedback from your successful colleagues, a managing your timeline for submitting a winning proposal to NIH.
NIH Compliance and Responsibility Matrix: This downloadable table breaks down all of the PHS 398 requirements for NIH grants, allowing you to ensure you have addressed all of the requirements for submission.
NIH R01 Writing Template: Download this proposal template, which includes all of the required sections and instructions to write your next NIH R01 in a format that is compliant with NIH guidelines.
NIH 5-page Biosketch template: Download the new Forms D NIH Biosketch template.