Video content can be added to your site provided your videos have been uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo. Videos hosted on either of these services can be added in different ways, as described below. Make sure these videos are captioned, a requirement to meet Duke Web Accessibility Guidelines. Note: The steps below assume you have already logged in to your site.
Embedding video in a formatted text field
Embed code may be added directly to a formatted text field (e.g. the "Body" field) by using the "Embed Media" feature:
- Capture the embed code for your video hosted by YouTube or Vimeo. More instructions for capturing embed code from these services can be found at youtube.com and vimeo.com.
- Navigate to the page where you wish to embed the video and click the "Edit" tab.
- Click the "Embed Media" icon in the toolbar
- Paste the embed code in the "Embed Media Dialog" box
- Click "OK"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save"'
Adding a video node and associating the content with an existing page
Many sites include a 'Video' content type which can be used to add videos and associating those videos with one or more existing pages. Depending on how your site has been configured, these associated videos may be displayed in a sidebar carousel or a grid beneath in the content region. Here are the steps to do so:
- Select 'Content > Add content > Video' from the admin toolbar
- Enter a Title and Video File; to add the Video File:
- Click the "Select media" button
- Click the "Web" tab
- Paste the video's URL (web address) in the "URL of Embed code" field (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUSOvVBsX8g)
- Click "Submit"
- Click the "Where To Display This Content" tab
- Videos can be associated with one or more pages of multiple content types; scroll to the appropriate reference field and enter the title of the page that the video is associated with
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save"
Repeat these steps for any additional videos you wish to add to an existing page.
If you do not see the 'Video' content type in the 'Content > Add content' menu, or if the videos you add do not appear on the associated pages when you add videos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.