Changing text format
- Log in to your site
- Navigate to the node you want to edit
- Click the "Edit" tab near the top of the page to enter the editing interface for that node
- Highlight the text to which you wish to apply a different formatting*
- Select the desired format from the ‘Format’ menu; this is typically the first menu in the third row of the editing toolbar:
- Click ‘Save’
A few items to note:
- ‘Heading 1’ is not a selection in the menu as it is reserved for the page title. For example, the title of this page is “Changing text format”.
- Proper use of headings dictates that no levels are skipped; that is to say it is best practice to use the ‘Heading 2’ format is used before assigning the ‘Heading 3’ format.
- Applying a new format to a block of text will affect all the text within that block. If the text you wish to use as a heading is a part of an existing paragraph, it will need to be made its own paragraph before you can change its formatting without changing the entire text of the original paragraph.
- *Alternatively you can simply place your cursor anywhere within the line of text for which you wish to change the formatting