Department Member Pages
Faculty profiles on department sites are largely populated from data imported from Scholars@Duke, which in turn receives most of its data from various systems of record (dFac, Duke@Work, Duke Elements, etc.). Some data, such as Overview, Profile Picture, Web Links, Artistic Works, Awards, and Presentations, are managed directly in Scholars@Duke.
To make changes to a faculty profile, you must first determine the “source” of the data, then make all appropriate changes at the source.
Changes made to faculty data in a system of record can take up to 48 hours before they appear on a faculty member's profile page on a department site: The change can take up to 24 hours before being present in Scholars@Duke, then up to 24 hours before being imported from Scholars@Duke to the department site. Changes made directly within Scholars@Duke, such as an updated Overview or Profile Picture, can take up to 24 hours before being imported to the respective department profile page.
System of record sources
- Name: This data is pulled from dFac (Professional Name); contact the departmental dFac user if this needs to be updated.
- Title: This data is pulled from dFac (Appointment Title); contact the departmental dFac user if this needs to be updated. Changes may need approval by the Dean's office.
- Location (Office address, Mailing address) and Phone: Each of these can be edited via Duke@Work. Go to Duke@Work, select the "MyInfo" tab and choose "MyProfile" then "Maintain your Addresses & Phone Numbers" and the "External Mailing Address and Phone" option.
- Office Hours: The office hours are pulled from the Office Hours noted in your Scholars@Duke profile.
- Email: The email shown is your 'Preferred email address' in the Duke Directory. To change this, go to the Account Self-Service tool and expand the 'Manage Directory Listings' section. Click 'Change your preferred email address' and select your preferred address or enter a new address.
- Links: The list of links is being pulled from the Web Pages section of your Scholars@Duke profile.
- Adding a downloadable CV: Upload your CV file, preferably in PDF form, to a folder in your personal Box.com account, and share it by clicking the three dots icon and selecting " Share > Get Shared Link," and selecting the option "People With The Link." Copy this link and go to your Scholars@Duke profile, where you can add it to your list of links. We suggest making the description text "Download CV," or something along those lines. After a subsequent website feed import from Scholars within 48 hours, the link to your CV will show up on your profile.
- Overview: This statement is pulled from the 'Overview' in your Scholars@Duke profile.
- Profile Picture: This is pulled from the photo uploaded in Scholars@Duke
- Education & Training: This data is pulled from dFac; contact the departmental dFac user if this needs to be updated.
- Awards: These are pulled from your Scholars@Duke profile; any changes or additions should be made there.
- Publications: Publications are pulled from Scholars@Duke, which is populated by publications found inDuke Elements. Sign into Duke Elements, view your Pending Publications, and approve those that you want displayed on your profile.
- Professional Activities: Activities such as presentations, service to the profession, and service to the University are pulled from Scholars@Duke.
- Grants: Data for grants is provided by the Grants and Contracts database maintained by the Office of Research Support.
Some data is managed directly on the department site as there is no external source for this data. To see what you can edit locally,
- Log in to your site
- Go to your People section, select a person, and click “Edit”
- The first tab on this page is called “Local Data.” Information within this tab can be changed locally. This includes things such as: “Additional Data” which is used to supplement the Scholar’s Overview; and “Research Themes” to identify a faculty member with a research area.
- Click “Save” after edits are made